PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2009, 18:06
jayteeto

Location: Liverpool based Geordie, so calm down, calm down kidda!!
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
We walked out to the aircraft together, were in the flight planning room together and sat in the crewroom together. Go back ten years to my early posts about JT showing me the blank page in the aircrew manual for handling advice/the crew briefing FADEC emergencies an hour before the flight and stating publicly they were doing it because they had no idea what the FADEC might do that day/ I sat three feet away while they scoffed lunch/breakfast/elevenses/god knows what it was called. Do we really have to repeat this information every few years because someone can't be bothered to read back?? The BOI were not interested in who sat with them in the crewroom, plus more importantly, everyone knew the facts then. These theories only came up years later when others got 'involved'. If we had operated the AT way, nothing would have got done!! Do you know that after the Bessbrook crash where 4 were killed, they were going to start a manifest system for picking troops up in South Armagh Bandit Country!! Lunatics who had no idea of how it works when the threat is real. The mess didn't serve breakfast for those on early starts.
PS. Didn't answer due to being in Gibraltar, got a great hangover today........ I am flying tomorrow, does that mean I am negligent because i didn't have breakfast 2 days ago? Even though I have eaten since??