PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If your a happy First Officer at Qatar Airways then please do inform me!
Old 25th Mar 2009, 16:13
Qatari515

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The excitement is killing me too...Somebody....please....leak some info!

Housing: You will get an apartment or a house. Depending if you are an FO or a Capt. Accommodation is nice, facilities are ok. Definitely above Doha average!

A little bird told me that we actually found the number of pilots required this year. Almost 300 pilots received a letter, a lot of them very experienced guys and gals. The last one of these will get a start date during the last part of 2009.

These are rumours of course, so do not let me stop you sending in letters please. We have 1000+ pilots now, we need 1000 more by 2014!

The big challenge for QR will be to keep all these people once the economy starts picking up again. Now everybody is looking for a safe haven but I hope our management is not fooling themselves by thinking QR is the first choice for these people!

Big changes are happening, from the top (No, not the 9th floor but pretty close) to the bottom. QR is maturing especially on a management level (abundancy of experienced managers from all over the world on the market, many have joined recently).
Glad to see as well that CP training position will most probably (99%) be filled in by someone experienced from inside! If there is one person capable of handling that seat, it will be him!

Interesting times ahead I would say....