PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet
Thread: easyjet
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2009, 15:43
mikehammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I work for a small bottom feeder cargo airline. We have no liquids available on board, paid for or otherwise. If we're organised we load up with drinks when outside of the UK, but generally we're not, and the aircraft is devoid of coke! It IS a problem. We operate in a dry (well drier than on the ground) atmosphere, and it's thirsty work. I used to envy bigger airlines like Easy with their coffee perks (no pun).

Although this sounds like a small issue, when you work day in, day out, and have to buy drinks airside, it does become expensive.

Heaven only knows when things will pick up in this industry, but, if in the future it did ever happen to boil down to (okay, pun intended) a job offer with a company who look after you on the flight deck, compared to Easy who now seem to be driving towards you incurring more and more high costs whilst at work (often, no doubt, having to buy from Easy themselves to top up your water allowance), I know where I'd be inclined. After all, it's the small things which often display how you'll be valued as an employee in the long run.

Regrettably I cannot forsee myself ever being in such a situation of choice. For now....