PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your slot's cancelled!
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2001, 12:45
yorkunt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right, lets pull back a little and look at the larger picture. Controllers are maxing out, too many aircraft flying in limited airspaces and the whole thing is set to get WORSE. So what's going to happen?
I think that we as a human race couldn't be more stupid, selfish and evil. What we MUST understand is that just in order to "keep" a certain route we increase frequency on it with little silly sized RJs which now clog up the system and doing a great deal of damage to all of us. Airlines will eventually be made to "take turns" to a destination and only will be allowed to fly on certain days of the week, while others on alternate days. (Great for aircrew)!
This stupid greedy situation is what needs addressing right now. Intelligent conferences followed by intelligent decisions and implementations and the REDUCTION of traffic is what's needed.
Not the reduction of aircraft sizes!!!!!
I for one don't think we will get there. I think we'll just carry on as stupid as we are and end up like the M6 every day.
So good luck to all the boffins and software scientists amongst you - it's the big picture we must understand.

[ 04 September 2001: Message edited by: yorkunt ]