PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Roster Woes - Are We Going Back To The Bad Old Days
Old 25th Mar 2009, 12:54
griffothefog

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Back to thread.....

North sea life has it's ups and downs and in this regard nothing has really changed in the last 20 years. Companies go through various phases of high's and lows and this reflects directly in profits and at the tail end rostering.
Many before you have had to make the same old worn out decisions... disrupt a happy settled family life (kids at good schools, wife happy working full/part time) or move on to pastures green. It's a difficult one, because as much as you whinge about it, life oop north is actually rather pleasant and a great place to bring up the nippers, plus the pay is better than most other gigs for what is after all a fairly boring, mundane and safe form of aviation....(if you don't agree with that, I suggest you DO move on). Most guy's elect to stay for the stability of family life and for that I cannot blame them or criticise....

When you have pilots staying for that reason, they are never likely to hold your hand on the way to the gallows.....

If you are not prepared to stand up and be counted, either shut the f**ck up or move on. I applaude, whatever your decision......