PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 4
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2009, 11:15
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paarmo
KLM is not essential to the existance of Teesside airport but undeniably it is important.
Don't know what ale you were on when you wrote this, suffice to say that the remainder of your rant based on your 30 year holiday experiences confirms it was pretty strong stuff & maybe lemonade would suit you better!
parsnip
...as the dafties at Peel are suing them in the High Courts for the withdrawal of the baby services.
What you really need to take on board is that Peel Holdings (Airports) Ltd which is responsible for operating predominantly LPL, DTV & DCS reported a trading loss of >£10M in the year to 31 March 08, & "horrendous" borrowings of >£80M of which short term debt >£48M. Not a good place to be! & judging from the appointment / resignation of directors in 2007/08, heads have been brought to account. The only contribution that I can see that the airports have added to the otherwise profitable Peel Group as a whole is the availability of the losses for group relief ! In summary it's Airports in 2008 were not a strong point of Peel and I would suggest that 2009 has been another bad year !. Clearly much resource has gone into LPL and perhaps this is where they are able to attach their hopes for the future. Now getting back to my point IF Peel win the case against BMI & receive a large injection of funds then in my opinion you must be totally naive if you believe that DTV will see much, if any of the cash !