PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - T5 - Conformance ( a rant)
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2009, 09:12
Munnyspinner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So having 35 mins notice to offload someones bags etc from a flight rather than finding out 10 mins before departure helps the flight go on time.

Can I just clarify one point. I was on a short domestic route. The turnaround time at Heathrow is prossibly only 30minutes anyway(?) I had virtually no hand baggage and, bearing in mind I was already checked in with 0 bags and that check in closes 45 before departure, the system can see that there would be no question of bags being offloaded.

Knowing that there were no bags checked in would and should allow some leeway on the 35 min cut off. If I am correct about turnaround it would seem that there could be NO bags actually loaded by 35 pre departure and so they would be offloaded not from the A/c but from the baggage hall. Now, I don't want to start another string here about BA and baggage but...

This information that is available to load controllers and customer services pre flight for each passenger. Had I been on a transfer with baggage then the risk that I would delay the aircraft due to late arrival might be high. Indeed, on the few occasions that I have seen baggage being offloaded it is usually due to transfer pax being lost.

I have accepted culpability for not reading the information carefully enough and will not make this error again. However, it still strikes me that 35 minutes pre departure is quite a long time for a short flight if there are no bags to deal with. But, it is what it is and it won't be changing just becuase it doesn't suit me!