PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UA pilot falls foul of idiotically low UK alcohol law
Old 25th Mar 2009, 04:11
rottenray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First, this:

Obviously Old Lizzy, coming from the US is far more scared of TERRORISTS
than he is of flying innocent passengers around when outside legal drink limits, given his contradictory views on rule breaking.
Phil, get a grip - we're deadly afraid of EVERYTHING in the US...

Next, I'm not a pilot and don't want to become one, but really enjoy pprune because of the "intercourse" between pilots, wannabees, and maintenance folks.

I've known several alcoholics, and I can honestly say that many of them are much better overall left to their own devices - some are much better doing anything when they stick to their normal routine.

Now, I'm not saying said pilot is an alcoholic - and I'm not defending him either - but if it's his habit to have a couple martinis with dinner, and his dinner happened late that day, what should we think?

Natch, I'd prefer to have "human robots" on the flight deck. Perfect people who don't fart, don't smoke, don't drink and don't swear. (Thank god we don't have to say hello to the crew anymore when we fly... LOL!)

It seems to me we should be thinking about the guy's normal habits at this point, thinking about whether or not there's a problem brewing in his future.

The issue doesn't go a long way in putting that nasty old "I'll have what the pilot's drinking" airport bar joke to rest, does it?