PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kneeboards
Thread: Kneeboards
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2009, 23:17
CYHeli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies.
I had not used one during training and as time goes on I still try to learn from those around me and could certainly see the need, task dependant.
I made up one of my own from my old Police tactical thigh rig that was designed to hold a holster, holster removed. Then added clips and rings. It wasn't too bad, but I thought that I would see what others found worked before I spent hard earned. Considering the cost of suits, helmets, etc, a knee board is cheap.
The comments are all true about size and in my last job we were using an R22 and B206, often with doors off due to heat (40+C) and/or filming so paperwork had to be secured! I now float b/n AS350, B206 and R44, but I only fly as a casual.

One other question, only one person above stated which knee they wore it on. I normally had my on my left thigh and tried to take notes left handed, although I normally write with my right hand. Also if I had extra pages that could flip out of the way, they hung down to the left next to the collective. I was avoiding changing hands on the cyclic to write or flip. Any thoughts?