PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2009, 22:23
BuckDich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

I know this may look a little bit off topic, but when I watched this video and remembered that not long ago a Spanair plane crashed, killing 154, and so many other accidents had happened since, that didn't have such a happy ending as the BA038 (thanks to the whole crew) or the US Airways 1549 (thanks to the whole crew again), I couldn't help but ask myself what I am doing here, at 38,000ft, working in an industry that values so little my job, my health and in the worst of the cases, my life.

When we have a safe flight it's easy to forget what the main purpose of our job is and how important it is (and the risks involved). And we also forget that the current T&C's are there for a reason: how healthy is to cross 6 or 7 time zones, having a nightstop and then flying back to base?. I've done that with my previous employer and I felt like rubbish.
Or having three days shorthaul flights followed by a three day longhaul with a lovely night flight to finish it off?. I can confirm that you feel like rubbish as well.
And then they come up with the happy idea of a new mixed fleet and the even happier "ideas&opportunities" wish list.
I wouldn't be surprised if next time they ask us to work for free, just for the peace of mind of the shareholders.

Well guys, have a look at the video and think about it for just a sec.

YouTube - VIDEO #2 of FedEx Cargo Jet Crashing in Tokyo, Japan

Rant over,
Cheers!