PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pablo Mason loses unfair dismissal case
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2009, 22:09
The Equivocator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got to agree with the previous posters, whatever I personally think of Pablo (whom I have met) and JN (whom I have also met v.briefly) I think it is pretty poor form to attack them with such vitriol here, especially the personal attacks from retired senior officers who should know better.

I don't wish to be a sanctimonious tosspot, but some of the stuff on here is petty, puerile and frankly beyond the pale.

I don't hold shy of venturing opinion on here under this handle (and a previous truth be told) but surely Jerry and Dave, you do yourselves no favours!

John, for what it's worth from a serving officer, I have never heard anyone in any crewroom or mess denigrate your right to make a living off the back of your terrible experiences. They (or I) might or might not like what you say, or your books but they don't hold any grudge with how you make your living. If it wasn't you it would be someone else with an equally valid or invalid view depending on your point of view.

From a serving guy who has frequently had to consider the 'what if' of the aftermath of capture and still does, I do not wish what you suffered on my worst enemy. I suggest the retired perspective may remove this clarity of thought!

I stand by my opinion of Pablo; he's carried too much military into a civilian cockpit. Change or die...