PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the work really that hard to come by?
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2009, 18:42
fiveoh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha ha ha well I'm glad others don't share your drawl attitude towards this topic other wise the future of aviation might have some chinks in the chain don't you think? Without fresh faced pilots to fill in the gaps where will the industry be in 10 to 20 years? I don't share your knock the wind out of the sail attitude. There has, and always will be demand for pilots granted we are in a lull but it will pick up. Everything is having the same problem look at the oil and gas industry, look at gm (some of these assembly line guys made 75 an hour, now all on their a**es), look at Chrysler,look at the banks! All are suffering.

When my dad was choosing his major he was told he was crazy to major in geology, that there was no demand for geo- technical engineers that he would never get a job as geo-technical engineer but being his one true calling he stuck with it and now has for the last 30 yrs made an amazing career out of it.

My point being is that for me and I'm sure for many thousands like me there isn't anything else I could imagine doing. So for me I have no option but to roll with the punches I guess. On that note you are entitled to your opinion as am I and were all in this for the long run anyways good or bad!

Cheers