PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pablo Mason loses unfair dismissal case
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2009, 18:20
threeputt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Nicholl

Still, I've never shied away from the fact that I could have made a switch pigs over the tgt - interestingly, the Sqn QWI later gave a very interesting chat about what might have gone wrong (not switch pigs), but as with many QWI lectures, it was a bit over my head.

I've only been on this forum for 2 and a bit years so have not seen the discussions on PPRUNE you allude to a few years ago; just answer me this(as a fellow GR1 Nav flying on night 1 from Dhahran), did you and JP release any type of explosive ordanance on your designated DMPI?

If not then, by association, you must have had some form of technical glich shall we say. I would not blame you for that, we all were under extreme pressure at the time and switch sequences on the "Fin" were sometimes inordinatly complicated.

What got/get's my goat about you two was/is the smarmy self serving way that you both came/come across on TV. I and a lot of others thought that what you did by overtly publicising and profitting from your experiences was not on and it was not appropriate, bearing in mind the number of guy's who lost their lives during the war (and yes I know that you donated a little of your profits to service charities).

Your unfortunate incaceration was clearly not something that most people could come to terms with and I was delighted when you and the rest of the POW's were released.

Notwithstanding that, books are things you write towards the end of your time and not when you have only been in a war for one sortie.......... it's not what true heroes do and there's an end to it.

3P
aka Gedgie
aka Jerry Gegg
Sqn Ldr RAF (Retd)