PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Requirements for DGCA Composite papers
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2009, 17:57
matthewgamm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I understand, the application form for the computer number can be mailed even now (for the July exam).
Once the DGCA puts up the list of computer numbers (I guess this is done about 50 days prior to the commencement of the exams, since they put up the list on March 8 for the April exams starting 27, 28 & 29), that would be the only data applicants would be awaiting for, for them to go ahead and submit the Written Examinations application form, correct? But here's my dilemma:
Kindly refer to point 5 in the following link:
http://www.dgca.nic.in/result/pilot0109.pdf

This came out on March 6. The last date for submission is March 16 (which means that the applicant has 10 days), and they say that the DD should not be drawn 30 days prior to the date of submission of the application. But they put up the computer numbers list a couple days later (March 8), which means that the applicant now has just 8 days to submit his/her application (since they have got to wait to get their computer number first!)
Say I submitted my application on March 10 (well before March 16) and took out the DD the previous day, the DD would not be accepted, since it was drawn 30 days prior to the date I submitted my application?
Would it be advisable to get the DD now itself for the upcoming July exams?

I would appreciate some clarity in this regard.