PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where has the service gone?
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2002, 00:04
apacau

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My brother flew QF yesterday CBR-MEL-ADL. He was due to leave around 9:30am (I think) and get in at 1230. However, due to fog at MEL, he left CBR at 1305 exactly. He was lucky as this a/c was the same one continuing to ADL so his connection in MEL was brief. He got in at 1530 approx. The thing is, he had to miss breakfast to to the airport to check in. That's fine. However QF didn't provide any meal or drink vouchers for the extended delay. In fact he basically got 2 muffins on his two legs and that's it, as both flights were officially mid-morning flights... despite the delay.

I think this is unacceptable. I was in Peru a little over a year ago and a similar length weather delay led to Lan Peru bringing out drinks and a buffet-style sandwich counter for all pax. Then on board our 1 hour domestic flight we got a drinks service plus reasonable breakfast. Now who would ever expect a small Peruvian domestic carrier to outshine QF in all respects??? Sounds crazy, but if Lan Peru was flying downunder, they would get my service before Qantas (and not only because of the 737-200s!)

On another matter, there were 2 other CBR-MEL flights leaving during the delayed period and all left pretty much on time with empty seats (I got a T/A friend to check). Sure, he was on an e-ticket, but why on earth would you keep pax stranded when other planes are going to the same destination half empty????? He also asked to be routed via SYD, they said fine, no probs and came back 5 mins later with different boarding passes to the same flight he was previously booked on (ie: the delayed service through MEL)... Crazy!