PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Highland Flying School in Administration?
Old 24th Mar 2009, 15:22
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally I think it will be a fleeting visit of the new school. The airport rent is fecking expensive even for a box room.

The ball ache of getting the planes south every 50 hours cannot be described. Thank god for the VFR corridor down the A9 with a train track taking you where you want to go.

I think after people have been stung in Inverness for the trial flights the market won't be the same again for years.

The weekly flyers will split themselves between Kinloss and Highland Flying and the new lot, the intensive courses will disappear or go to Kinloss. HIghland flying doesn't really need any great numbers in fact to many and it becomes a pain. It will be still be by far the cheapest on the site just because of its fixed costs by having access to the HAC building.

In a years time HAC will still shaft Moray at the spot landing competition at Fern, the committee will still be winding members up, the gents toilets will still be minging. Will the new school will still be around? I have my doubts but only time will tell.

And Madlandrover about 90% of the past instructors all either work with each other or still occasionally see each other. It is well known what comments are made about us after we leave. It actually became a bit of a joke. The fact that 6 years after you left you could provoke a 15 min tirade by just taxing past in a Jetstream is really quite remarkable.