PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Roster Woes - Are We Going Back To The Bad Old Days
Old 24th Mar 2009, 14:21
TTFD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bristow has never been known for using legal, rational, or fair methods when it comes to axing folks so be prepared for folks to start dropping all around you rather than seeing an orderly last hired....first fired method
Am I missing something here? Where did it say that Bristow was trying to change the rosters? I know they have just announced cuts in staff and meetings today and tomorrow should bring out more info. However, AFAIK there has never been any mention of changing the rosters, as the management were impressed by the way they are working (or so I was told by a BALPA rep).

However, it will be intersting to see if they stick to LIFO or try some other method. New ageism rules would make it difficult to take from the top, but previous management came up with some novel ways to take the most junior captains out the last time, although fortunately every one got their jobs back within a few weeks.

I believe it is the other red (or is it orange?), white and blue that are having problems with their management. Have to say that for once, the new culture in Bristow (despite the announced cuts) has been the most open and mature that I can remember in a number of years. They may not be perfect (what management is?), but they have made great efforts in trying to be open over the last few years.

Any takers on bets that HR aren't included in the cuts, but they actually grow in numbers again?