PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where has the service gone?
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2002, 23:36
Just Curious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think the woeful catering is by any means restricted to Impulse or QF domestic services.

I've flown SYD-MNL and SYD-AKL with QF so far this year, and the meal services on all four sectors were woeful. On the SYD-MNL trip there was no bar service prior to the meals on either sector - for a 7 1/2 hour flight. Come on!!

As for the SYD-AKL trip, once again no bar service. A cabin crew friend advised this is because the flight is less than 2 1/2 hours, but the return sector was actually 2h 45m. Besides, on previous trips across the ditch, there has been drinks served prior to meals.

As for the actual quality of the meals - it is quite apparent that the size and palatability has reduced substantially. What would Neil Perry think? Are QF still touting that one - 'Gastronomical delights created by Neil Perry'. I don't think a hospital cook would be happy claiming responsibility for QF meals, let alone a top chef.

If it wasn't for Frequent Flyer and QF club memebership, there is NO WAY I would ever chose to fly with QF. Unfortunately in the current scheme of things, there's not a whole lotta choice.

And I know some people whine about airline food no matter what - I was not one of these people until my last couple of trips.

OK - down from soap box!!!