PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Highland Flying School - Opinions?? (Merged)
Old 24th Mar 2009, 13:20
Say again s l o w l y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At what point have I actually insulted the people who lost money? My comments were aimed at rebuffing the comments made that paying upfront is actually a good idea.

I made my points bluntly admittedly, but given the fact that people are still putting money into flying clubs with no security despite the comments from people who have been around for more than 5 minutes, then how else do you make people listen?

I am sorry that people may lose money, but if the comments about HFS owning the aircraft without any debt on them are true (I have no reason to disbelieve them) then people should get their money back. If they do, then they are lucky and hopefully will learn a lesson from it, but without actually losing their money. Most people who have money on account when their school goes to the wall are not so lucky. They usually find out when they turn up for a lesson and find that the school has simply disappeared.

Flying is very unforgiving of silly mistakes, be they financial or in the air. Sometimes the lessons are harsh.