PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Committed XP Pro user needs reassurance about Vista
Old 24th Mar 2009, 12:56
BladePilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I give up! 99.9% happy with my new system but I just can't get around my HP printer problem, need advice.
I use an HP officeJet 6310 All-in-One, Scanner, Copier, Fax, printer. I have it networked (hardwired) through my BT router. The HP came with three CD's one for XP etc, one for Vista, one for MAC. I've loaded the XP drivers onto my XP Pro desktop and my XP Premium laptop and they run OK it seems, occasionally they won't print but a simple reset (on/off) at the printer or router fixes that.
I've loaded the Vista drivers onto my new Vista Ultimate 64Bit Dell about half a dozen times now and it's driving (no pun intended) me crazeeeeee!
Everything works fine after loading is completed I can scan, print, copy everything it says it'll do it does. Then most often when I have been away from the PC for a while and it has gone into power save (sleep) mode I come back, wake it up only to be met by a windows message telling me that the HP application has stopped working. I have gone through the switch off/on reboot drill on PC, router, HP but it doesn't fix the issue. I've followed all the HP instructions for restarting the application without having to reload it again but it doesn't fix the issue so I get to the last remedy on the HP list which is.... you've guessed it remove and reload the drivers! Aaaaaargh!
I can see the printer on my network and I can even check it's status, ink levels etc but when I try and print I get the failed notice and if I try and open the HP solution centre I get the 'no HP devices detected the solution centre will now close'!!!!! The HP digital image monitoring icon is alive and well in my notification area but trying to access the solution centre via this portal brings me the same message. I'm thinking it's a Vista / HP conflict but I just can't nail it down. Help

agentprovocateur;
Have you ordered your new PC yet?