PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UA pilot falls foul of idiotically low UK alcohol law
Old 24th Mar 2009, 12:19
BabyBear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DX Wombat

"He should be suspended from his job until he has had sufficient therapy to ensure as far as possible that he has recognised his alcohol problem and it is under good control."

Maybe the poor chap just got caught out, granted it's wrong and unacceptable, however therapy for an alcohol problem that is out of control? Let's leave it to those who know the circumstances to decide the action.

"If the USA limits for pilots are higher than those in the UK you will never find me flying with a USA airline, it just won't be worth the risk and I shall also warn my friends of this situation."

Oh dear, bit of an irrational statement, don't you think?

"He's not what I would call an enlightened CP if he thinks it is fine to drink and fly. A long spell in an alcohol-free country might do both of them some good."

Why of course, not only is your experience as a nurse more valid than the experience and knowledge of the CP, in relation to the FO, but it is also sufficient to diagnose the CP as having a need to do without alcohol. Bravo!