PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - T5 - Conformance ( a rant)
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2009, 12:11
BladePilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink! Just because folks are held in a 'shopping' area doesn't mean they'll buy anything I very rarely buy anything at an airport despite being offered so many 'great' deals.

I always aim to arrive at any airport at least 2 hours before departure, the aim is to be walking through the main entrance no less than 1hr 15mins before departure whether I'm using a check-in desk or not. In 30 years of travelling I have only ever missed one flight due to the motorway route being backed-up for miles (peak use time), I learnt my lesson and now use an alternative route, A & B roads, if I travel during that peak usage period.

'Runners' used to be common place years ago indeed I remember easyJet even had a 'Runners' boarding card which worked rather well for those who turned up late (if you could make it to the gate before the aircraft doors were closed you could get on) but it was withdrwan when easyJet realised it was being abused by 'important' businessmen! Since the introduction of additional security requirements, the sheer increase in volume of people travelling and the increase in distances in many airports 'running' a passenger has quietly been abandoned as it should be.

Arriving anywhere for any flight in LHR at STD -30 is being unrealistic, jeez even Linford Christie would be hard pushed to cover the distances and hurdles involved in that time

Better Time Management required