PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airtours to take on Temp Airbus Pilots
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2002, 01:09
Sailor boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surely the whole temp contract thing is purely driven by supply and demand. Right now there are type rated pilots without jobs and if companies can hire them for their busy periods at no cost (i.e. no training, commitment or premium for contract work) why wouldn't they? I doubt very much whether this will be the case next year.. .. .To answer R&C's question the T&C's are standard AIH year 1 FO rates with no holiday. Not too sure about the command package. . .. .Whilst I can understand Airtours being careful, to my knowledge no one has actually been offered a contract yet and the first course is due to start on Monday. . .. .My guess is there were an awful lot of ex bmi pilots interviewed who may go at 1 months notice if offered a permanent job back with Midland (sooner rather than later) and/or they may be having difficulties getting cheap leases for aircraft which means they may yet buy in a third party contractor. . .. .I could be accused of being very cynical and it is a slow HR department that is causing the problem, but I doubt it.. . . . <small>[ 20 March 2002, 11:18: Message edited by: Mike Rosewich ]</small>