PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guests in the cockpit _POST 9/11 _ Survey
Old 24th Mar 2009, 09:26
vonbag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. James 1077 and Mr. Kingoftheslipstream,

Thank you kindly for sharing your views on the subject matter!

Surely, as I child I would have adored to enter the flight deck of an actually flying machine; I guess it's almost everybody's dream, but I may be over generalising. Alas, I never had a chance in a real Jet airliner... but perhaps, and this just to invite others to kindly participate, was this also for my own and that of other passenger's safety?

I couldn't forget to mention the Aeroflot Flight 593 air accident, "kids in the cockpit", that so unnecessarily contributed to the death of all the passengers aboard.

ASN Aircraft accident Airbus A310-304 F-OGQS Mezhduretshensk

(I couldn't find the Final Report for this air crash, does somebody have a link?)

[...]
There are rare instances whereby flight crew on vacation are asked ta operate a flight and do so without uniform but with permission from within the management a the company... :-)
Should this be the case in my future eventual report to the DFO, there would certainly not be a problem for anybody (unless being banned as passenger from that certain Airline, which I couldn't care less, or a crew member that gets angry and pays me a visit at home, knowing I do not like guests ;-) )

(P.S.: erroneously I omitted a "0" in my previous, should have written "FL100", of course).

Thank you again & Good continuation!