PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am I too old to get a job when I've finished flight school?
Old 24th Mar 2009, 08:17
will77t

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks once again for all the responses. I appreciate many of these points have been covered in previous threads and once again I apologise for the repetition.
As I said previously, I did do some searches prior to posting which did not reveal the answer I was looking for. Had I read the 'read before posting thread' I would have found many of the answers and indeed I would have found the 'perpetual am I too old' thread'. For this I am sorry.
I have tried to answer questions that people have posed but perhaps I should ask the moderators (if they are reading this) to merge this in the 'perpetual am I too old thread' to avoid further repetition.

I will continue to do some research but it appears it is a very bad time to start training in the current economic climate. That said, due to my circumstances I would aim to graduate in 2011/2012. I guess you'd need a crystal ball to know what it's going to be like then. I suppose there could even be a glut of newly trained pilots that have been put off training by the current job prospects. Well, perhaps that's wishful thinking.

Once again thanks for all who gave their time to respond and good luck to all who are currently on a course or looking for employment.

Thanks once again,

Will

p.s. If anyone has any comments regarding my specific employment history (everyone's is different) and how this would be viewed by the airlines, I would be interested to hear them.

Last edited by will77t; 24th Mar 2009 at 08:23. Reason: For ease of reading.