PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas/AABO
Thread: Atlas/AABO
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2009, 05:02
WhaleFR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geardownflaps20

It is even worse than you think. Many of these "opportunistic pilots" also volunteer a great majority of their off time to further take money from the mainline pilots pockets, as well as allow the company to slow the upgrade of mainline pilots. I understand the contractual reasons for them to volunteer up to three X-days (the company can take them for free anyways but if the AABO pilots volunteer them they get paid more). So not only did they cut in line, but they continue to try to take take take as much as they can from mainline and the company. And it gets even worse. Certain conspiracy theorists will tell you about the "Russian connection" and the three dozen Russian pilots recruited by one of the AABO opportunists to take the place of the Atlas pilots if there ever should be a strike (back during the Cato days and the initial CBA negotiations.). I don't know how true this is, but the guy is still an AABO Captain and junior to many many mainline FOs.

They need to go - and if I were one of them I would be dusting off my CV. They only have one advocate at the company and he is on his last legs. The rest of the company is willing to use them as chips in yet another CBA poker game. Bummer for them but this is the job they have chosen. ttfn AABO.