PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pre-reqs for 3-axis microlight AFI course
Old 23rd Mar 2009, 22:50
betterfromabove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is where exactly I'm a little confused....it seems the BMAA set the rules for the microlight AFI course, but on the question of valid microlight P1 hours required they defer to the CAA...

Is that because the CAA judge the hours you'll need to start the AFI course based on the Class A types you've been flying .....& they are "in theory" a better judge of that than the BMAA?!?

Question arises, would taildragger time be viewed postively, or types with similar landing characteristics, say??

Whopity - From what you say, you're not aware of any formal 65hr fixed requirement coming in soon then?? It's still very much an appraisal based on your Group A past experience??

Just to clarify, I'm a JAA PPL(A) looking at the idea of instructing 3-axis part-time. I have all the other boxes ticked, but am trying to gauge what the P1 hours-building element will need to be to get on an AFI course.

BTW, I'm also hearing there are only a very few schools offering such AFI training at the moment...is this true?