PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas/AABO
Thread: Atlas/AABO
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2009, 22:15
anothercargopilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
geardownflaps20,

Very well put. You have eloquently stated the reason why AABO/AACS must go.

Based on the latest bid award, these out of seniority AABO Captains would be the most junior F/O's in the company if they were Atlas Teamsters. Instead almost all AABO pilots are Captains, and bid senior to any Atlas Teamster pilot based in STN. The few AABO F/O's remaining either failed an upgrade course (some multiple times) or have been judged incapable of being PIC. Even these AABO F/O's bid senior to EVERY Atlas Teamster F/O who is or will ever be based in STN.

This out-of-seniority group has existed too long. I wonder what their excuse will be when they get let go because the cuts go as deep as their date of hire? I guess then it will be OK to furlough an Atlas Teamster F/O that was hired BEFORE an AABO Captain?

Opportunists justify their existence because how they save money for the company. Never once has Hyfly or any other pilot convinced me how AABO maintains a fair and just seniority or why their upgrades ahead of Atlas Teamsters pilots are deserved or morally right. Explain to me why only one or two AABO Captains get downgraded yet Atlas Teamsters suffers MANY more downgrades and 100 pilots furloughed? But AABO saves the company money so that is OK? Hardly.

Last edited by anothercargopilot; 24th Mar 2009 at 01:56.