PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Highland Flying School in Administration?
Old 23rd Mar 2009, 22:03
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well your student records have your surname name on it thats it and an Intial on it if you have a common name. It may contain a photocopy of your medical and your exam form.

The Data Protection Act covers any data which can be used to identify a living person. This includes names, birthday and anniversary dates, addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses and so on. It applies only to that data which is held, or intended to be held, on computers ('equipment operating automatically in response to instructions given for that purpose')
There is additions to that like sales diary's for commercial use.

And the training records are the one of the first documents that get taken for evidence in the event of a student accident. If you do a search for the BAe systems instructor that got sued by someone's parents after the student flew into a hill. Its actually quite an important document for both instructor and student. And I was rubbish at keeping them up to date.

As for if it was planned, I doubt very much, I really don't see anyone seeing that the school was going to shut that quick.

As for how cheap it is? well I don't think 85 quid an hour will be seen again. 60 quid for fuel, 10 quid for engine replacement 10 quid maint and annuals, 5 quid insurance and landing card.

The cheapest I could see them doing at is £105 an hour solo and £120 dual. If its anything less than that they will get into the same trouble as the School.

We shall see how it pans out after all the dust settles. This time next year they will have gone back to the old moan of the blokes using the womens bog, widdling on the seat and using all the bog paper.

Arr pm in bound