PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft down in Montana?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2009, 21:36
EN48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"in fact you speak an absolute load of rubbish"
So, it seems that I have touched a nerve. Any affiliation with Pilatus? I cant count the number of times I have been given a stick pusher activation on short final in the sim. Do you suggest that a distracted (13 others on board, diverting for some reason), possibly relatively inexperienced pilot might not get slow and cause the pusher to activate? I would agree that the uncommanded push is less likely but not out of the question - I am told it has happened.

I will review the Stall Protection System video and see if its worth posting on YouTube.

Was I also wrong re the use of the yaw damper on TOL? My checklist unmistakeably states: "Yaw Damper .... DISENGAGED" in both cases.

I am a great fan of the PC-12 and have been a vocal advocate over the years. The safety record is superb by most any measure, and it does a job no other acft can do. I have owned one and will likely own another. However, one of my early flight instructors told me (referring to the 2 place trainer we were flying), "this thing will kill you if you let it," and the PC-12 is not exempt from this statement, nor is any other airplane I am aware of.

Last edited by EN48; 23rd Mar 2009 at 23:12.