PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Highland Flying School in Administration?
Old 23rd Mar 2009, 21:20
scottish_ppl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's quite a few years now since Peter Brookes sent me off solo in a 152 at Inverness, after surviving my many attempts at learning to land it, and I have flown many hours in his aeroplanes since then. I am very sorry to see the Highland Flying School fold, and wish Peter, and also Maggie who I do not know, all the best for the future.

I am sure right now having seen the business they have built up over many years fail they are feeling pretty bruised, and the obnoxious rants of the bearded idiot above, who could well be the same person who is feeding the Courier stories, might be a clue to at least some of the reasons why it went under, and the pressure they were subjected to. I do not believe any dishonesty will be revealed as the cause. I am sure like many people in similar circumstances with a business in trouble they struggled along as long as possible hoping to turn it around, until the mounting bills and problems became too much.

I was a member of the HAC until recent events. I will not be rejoining anytime soon as I find the role played by the club (or more accurately the committee)in this leaves a very bad taste.