PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers 'upgrading' themselves - what do you do?
Old 23rd Mar 2009, 21:16
jamier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think ive posted this in a previous thread but here goes.

On way to Sharm el Sheikh me, my dad, mum brother and sister. Also my auntie, uncle, and 3 cousins were flying with monarch on i think an A300, after we;d had a 3 hour delay at manchester alot of passengers looking forward to a holiday had been drinking quite alot. We got onto the aircraft and took off, id asked one of the cabin crew members if i could get a copy of the takeoff and landing card from the captain. Part way through the flight theres was a young lad probably about 23? and he had been drinking ALOT and started to get a bit agetated when the cc quite rightly wouldnt serve him anymore alcohol as we were sat in the middle row 3-3-3 my dad asked the cabin crew lady if she would like some assistance in sorting this young man out as he was starting to get very verbal and it was distressing some of the other pax. She asked what my dad ment and he said him and my uncle would sit either side of this unruly gentleman so he would be quiet. When they did this he immediatly shutup (my uncle and dad are both 6'4 and quite built) and the cc thanked them for this at the end of the flight and i got to go onto the flight deck and speak to the captain and first officer

On the way back we walked upto checkin and were just expecting a routine flight back to manchester, when we checked in and gave our passports over the lady on the desk told us there was a note on the system and we would be given the 7 seats in the middle with extra leg room (2 people had paid i think as they were sat next to the window on left hand side of the aircraft) and 3 seats in row 1 so needless to say we were very happy people all the way home and we just thought that my dad and uncle had helped out the cabin crew deal with an unruly pax.