PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2009, 20:18
cazatou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shy Torque

The answer is in the post that you attempt to denigrate - a trait that is more apparent with each of your posts.

The Flight Deck crew of ZD576 (as opposed to the cabin crew who were engaged in ensuring the safety and comfort of the passengers) had the prime duty of ensuring the safe conduct of the flight.

The BOI concluded that the Captain had failed in that duty - the Reviewing Officers agreed and extended that failure to the Co-Pilot (and incoming Detatchment Commander). Those Reviewing Officers were AOC 1 Gp; AOC in C STC and (Exceptionally - because of the media interest) CAS.

I accept that you disagree with that decision in regard of the 2 Pilots BUT we have now had (I believe) some 5 different Chiefs of the Air Staff who have reviewed this tragedy and all have reached the same conclusion.

You have highlighted several areas where you believe shortcomings were evident - may I ask how many incident reports you raised in this respect and whether you raised or reported your concerns throuh Official Channels. We all have (in my case had) a duty to notify our superiors of unsafe or dangerous procedures and practices.

Equally - we all had a duty to abide by the rules and regulations promulgated by those in authority over us.

Perhaps you may wish to consider whether early action by yourself, and your compatriots who agreed with you, may have prevented such a tragedy. You were, after all, the people who were operating the aircraft.