PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Highland Flying School in Administration?
Old 23rd Mar 2009, 18:32
Boabity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The data protection act covers all information that can be used to identify an individual - written or otherwise. You're right though it doesn't cover photocopies but it doesn't admonish an organisation from distributing photocopies.

When I last checked you have freedom to access of your student records at any time and you in fact have to agree with the training provider that the details are correct before signing. As for ownership of the records I do not know, it seems sensible that the CAA would own them. It's good that Pete has left them behind, I'll give the CAA a call in the morning to find out how to recover them.

The sponsor for the passes still exists, it's just not trading but that's just a minor point, the airport should have been able to facilitate the replacement of passes quick and easy.
I suspect that the legalities are fairly grey, it's not a customs airport so it doesn't follow the same requirements for identifying yourself. Nonetheless knowing that it was at the request of the HAC commitee is irritating to say the least.

We all know who No Bearde Woman (Mr Blobby) is, why can't the members just get rid? flying in the north will be better once he's gone