PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Highland Flying School in Administration?
Old 23rd Mar 2009, 17:45
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A point about student records

Students have no rights over their records, as such the CAA owns them but if you don't kill yourself within 5 years your school holds them and destroys them unless they sit in a box under a table forgotten about.

You have no right of access to them or the ability to demand them into your possession. By rights Pete is in the wrong for leaving them behind but I can understand why he did. I am sure if you phone Moray up the records will be in their possession next time an aircraft is over to be refuelled if you so wish.

As for the data protection act it is only valid for computer records not 13th copy photocopies.

The airport pass business is a pain in the for all concerned, by rights the airport should have cancelled the lot as soon as the sponsor did not exist. If they did offer to extend to HAC the ability to take over the sponsorship it would have been a very rare and probably illegal out break of common sense. But I can also understand why the club didn't want to take over the sponsorship to none members, I wouldn't.

And BTW I also agree no bearde women is a **** stirring and it paints HAC in very poor light with their constant knife twisting and gloating over the demise of HFS. I am sure their views are long held ones which only a very few of the club membership hold.