PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2009, 12:01
PC767

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Oh come on. I'm a union member, not a union droid!

Managers will not recieve bonus payments this year. A temporary fix. This does not read Managers will not receive a bonus ever again.

Dare I mention, Flight Ops will not incur any increse in costs for the next two years leading to a saving of £Xmillion in year 1 and a saving of £Xmillion in year 2. What happens in year 3? I spoke recently with a decent chap who was and F/O and Balpa rep. He stated that this will cost Pilots money but Balpa were looking at a buy back in terms of compensation when the financial circle turned.

IfCE will have permanent changes with no buy back in terms of compensation at any stage.

Here is the crux of the matter.

Permanent changes.

That is why I feel I'm bankrolling ex-directors legal fees, replenishment of savings lost to fines for illegal activity, the turmoil in predicting fuel costs, the continuing of Walsh's pet project - Openskies, and the serious overcount (still) of administration/managers in IfCE.

And not offering temporary assistance to the company to survive an economic downturn.

Consider this. As you are a BA Pilot. Openskies pilots are cheaper to employ than yourself. Should Walsh decide he can screw more cash out of the company employees, and scope agreements aside, decide that the new single fleet will have cheaper cabin crew and also cheaper pilots. He therefore employs/transfers pilots to the new fleet on Openskies t&cs. And then watches the fleet grow and take on more and more routes. Would you consider this as helping the company through a difficult patch or a long term smash and grab on your hard fought t&cs?