PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2009, 09:27
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speedmarque,

nothing could be further from the truth. My final comment was in respect to this thread 'tangentalising' from the main discussion onto one of 'ohh I don't like the way they talked to me'.

I am well aware that the Staines crash was caused, partly, by a heated discussion about pensions between the pilots. This scenario led to the inception of a course which was designed to deal with 'stressful encounters' prior to flight.

As the course was developed it enrolled more and more subjects until it became a generic 'dealing with a flight from briefing to clear' course. As the HR department got hold od it they needed an an acronym for it and called it CRM Course.

My entire point is that CRM is just a small part of the entire 'CRM' course and contains a bewildering array of information pertaining to the safe conduct of the flight (Aircraft Captains primary responsibility). Hence, whilst it is not considered good to have heated debates before the flight between crew members, it comes under the CRM course heading but is NOT CRM, purely one of the tools given to the aircraft commander who, if it was them, should have known better or, if not, should, possibly have intervened and suggested that the discussion take place at a more suitable time.

Throwing the 'BASSA will report you' card in completely kills off your ability to explain exactly why these proposals are unacceptable. That would, surely, be shooting yourself in the foot. A bit like misreading my previous post and quoting in red.