PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK407 Tailstrike @ ML
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2009, 03:42
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by helen-damnation
Like all Airbus FBW, there is an audio/visual warning of dual input. If either pilot takes control with or without saying so (take over PB), there is also an audio/visual warning for that as well. They won't stop PIO/CIO but should reduce the chances/time. Having said that, if you're running out of runway, everyone pull together!
That’s what I call the nice theory behind Flight Crew Operation or Flight Crew Training Manuals but when time runs out and stress level sharply increases there are 2 independent humans trying their best on 2 independent sidesticks and the final mixed output can be very undesirable and therefore counterproductive …

The figures will come out in the report but at this stage that is not something you need to know. In the good old days is was called "commercial in confidence". I've seen the figures and they are correct. You can do the maths if you need to.
A gross error on the TOW could explain what happened by selecting inappropriate high FLEX temp …
To me 225 pax add up for a payload of 25 tonnes but not the double as you indirectly mention. But as you seem to be pretty sure of your figures, is it possible the crew was not made aware of an extra 25 tonnes of cargo … ?
Just one of the possible scenarios …