PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA recruitment
Thread: BA recruitment
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2002, 18:30
basil fawlty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Desk pilot has it right. BA crews (mainline that is!) have just about the nearest thing you can get in professional flying to a job for life. Enjoy it, its a priviledge many others do not have.

Hand Solo, you still go on and on about putting a roof over your head etc. but you are managing to do that already aren't you? Oh, perhaps you want a new Bentley every year, earn enough to maybe take 3 holidays a year without having to rely on staff travel to get you there, send your kids to good public schools etc etc....You really come across as a greedy SOB, maybe you'll have to cut back on one meal out per week.....oh, the hardship!!
BTW,****, if you read the homepage for this site it says it is open to ANYONE with an interest in aviation..... not just pilots (although i do hold an ATPL so i guess i qualify anyway) so its obvious where your priorities lie... a keen advocate of the "I'm alright Jack, so **** you" mentality. With posts like yours I'm absolutely amazed that you can't understand the negative tone of the replies you and BA posts in general receive!! Try giving out some sympathy for a change instead of these pathetic tales of woe...reminds me of the joke "why is a BA pilot like a daffodil?...Ans- "Nice to look at, but can't take much rough treatment!" I am not against the salary you receive now or any improvement per se, but where exactly is the money going to come from??? BA is in the ****. Are you advocating that someone else should lose his job, not pay his mortgage, not feed his kids etc. in order that you should get a pay rise to what you FEEL you are worth?? I know that some people are perhaps not so intrinsically vital to the operation as a pilot, but they have a life just the same as you dear boy, and if you are not prepared to share a little in these hard times then that just shows you up as a greedy little **** doesn't it?? As for your comments on the engineers, well, let me just say that if you didn't have engineers to fix the A/C, or signing CRS's etc. then you would have no aircraft to fly, so they are just as vital as you are in the grand scheme of things. They earn a lot less than you do, so if anyone deserves a pay rise and improvements to working conditions first then they do, NOT YOU.

Last edited by Jetdriver; 2nd May 2002 at 16:43.