PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737NG Radio Altimeter/Autothrottle/Autopilot Interface
Old 23rd Mar 2009, 02:54
john_tullamarine

Received 110 Likes on 70 Posts
circuit breaker panels contain information as to which bus the circuit breakers are connected to

Therein lies a problem ..

(a) I have no major concern tripping a breaker IAW some prescribed abnormal action .. presumably, the OEM's (or other originator's) electrical design folk and FT/flight ops, etc., have been all over the ramifications of the action

however,

(b) I have seen some (apparently, and to me) strange protections and multiple power leads in the C/B sandpit. What one reads on the decal may not tell you more than a small part of the story ... In the absence of adequate design information (and the WDM is not much use to the average line pilot) the pilot MIGHT be putting him/herself in a stickier situation by tripping off both the intended and some other unknown services ?

Not being an electrical type of chap, (all I can recall from my training days was that it hurt if you put your finger on the wrong spot) I sometimes wonder at the innovation displayed when it comes to finding a convenient C/B to pick up a convenient voltage source ..