PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK407 Tailstrike @ ML
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2009, 21:45
FarQEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The culture at EK and particularly AAR

I urge every pilot who has had dealings with ek flight operations management recently to lodge a report with the ATSB about flight ops culture at Emirates, particularly the man at the top AaR. His 'i'll just sack em' approach to anyone below him who raises health and safety concerns about his uninformed dictates creates a culture where safety is very seriously compromised - there is no safe haven at ek to express safety/sleep/rest/family-impact concerns without seriously jepordising your career. Any subordination will be met with disciplinary. AaR is a serious danger to the future viability of the company, almost like your worst captain who knows everything before crm was even dreamt of. I am aware his closest managers are only following his line to keep there jobs but I know one has lodged a report about the unsafe flight operations culture thats driven from the top. AaR must be stood down immediately - for the sake of peoples lives. The positive out of this incident is that it didn't happen in the UAE where it would have been covered up. A full a thorough investigation is heading emirates way for the whole world to see. To the previous, TOGA was used at V1 when observed that they were running out of tar, that only JUST saved their lives

Last edited by FarQEK; 22nd Mar 2009 at 22:06.