PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Highland Flying School in Administration?
Old 22nd Mar 2009, 21:00
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And the ****e stirring starts again.

For gawds sake now HFS has gone is it not time to put all the childish snipping to bed. Yes everyone knows Mick is a cantankerous old bugga and his wife is lovely and how does that affect the pilots wanting to learn to fly in Inverness? It didn't before so I can't see how it can suddenly start.

Hopefully the club is now intending doing club training for the benefit of its members. What does it matter if some young wannabie travels up from England and spends 4 weeks at Moray instead of hogging a machine and instructor then disappearing at INV?. It gives you 60 quid I will admit but it doesn't add anything to the aero club.

I hope everyone at the club will just forget all the old battles and enjoy building something which is fun. For the kids learning to fly through to the old farts who's highlight of the week is going for a waltz around the black isle after soup and a sandwich on sunday.

And BTW I was that instructor who got the student through in three weeks and I seem to remember a horrible trip down to Dundee to get the 50 hour done or Bill and the other Sunday fliers wouldn't have had an aircraft to fly. Intensive courses create logistical problems and admin problems all of there own. If Moray want that business you would be well advised to point any enquiries in their direction.