PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas/AABO
Thread: Atlas/AABO
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2009, 20:48
hyfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hyfly

Bravo!!

Eurobouffon, I will give you an A- for your effort presenting your facts, You have learned well from your master number 1 (Est-ce que tu me comprends?) I am sure your presentation has been to Purchase a few times, and that is one of the reasons why you are still employed.
Thanks for the flowers, it's a honor to be graded by you!

For now I will only debate a few of your non-sense points:
Why do you reply on non-sense points at all - isn't that an attack on your own intelligence or are you just sensible on facts ?

You forgot to mention the fact that for the last 5 years the exchange rate between GBP vs USD fluctuated between 1.8 to 2.0, and not until December 2008 it came down to the 1.4 range.
Only correct facts please if you don't mind: The average exchange rate since the start of AACS/AABO (2000 - 2009) was 1.713, lowest at 1,35, highest 2,116.

This means that a “Senior 8 year” ABBO Captain with a 7,336.41 a month salary (thanks for providing the exact figure) makes 88036.92 GBP a year at an average of 1.9 exchange rate he made at least for the last 5 years US167,270.48

The difference between Atlas-AABO is equal to US 44,274.20 a year!!!
Based only on that amount, AABO profit sharing is higher than Atlas!!!
a profit that could not have happened with 40 pilots, and NO AIRCRAFT.
Correct figure over the last 9 years would be USD 150,800,- and that with a sometimes quite low USD-GBP/EUR value - just remember the costs for a beer.
And what I said before, which is still valid:
- 3 AABO Captains have the same costs as 2 Atlas US Captains.
- 3 AABO Captains can fly + 300 hrs per month for the same costs as 2 Atlas US Captains, who can fly only 124 hrs for these costs.

If that isn't worth the slightly higher costs, than do you math again.

There are not 8 year Captains at Atlas, that has been extinct specie(thanks to you), therefore your comparison is pointless.
So why do you reply on that - again: attack on your own intelligence
Fact is: There are +30 Captains at Atlas with a 7-9 year seniority - read the seniority lists and base awards.

As mentioned before on previous posts, AABO has no airplanes, therefore no 121 certificate(you might not even know what that means) how the heck can you jumpseat on US carriers as several of you do. Do you tell the Captain, or gate agent you work for Atlas, or AABO? how convenient!!
And what do you intend to tell anybody here ?
Facts: We all are employed by an Atlas Air Company as you are, have the same ID as you, operate the same aircraft as you, have the same FAA licence as you (+ some others), can speak and write the English language at least as well as you etc. etc.

One more question for you:
Imagine you were at Carrefour standing in line just about to pay, and 40 persons jumped in front of you, and by the time you get to the cashier you hear: "sorry we are closed" would you be upset
That is a true story at Atlas!!?
Pissed about your decision not to move over to the front of the line in time as you had the chance several times ?
You shouldn't complain about your actual position when you felt asleep several times at the wrong times.

Next time, please also show 8 year FO pay so that I can do your math again, and remember that when things go bad with Foreign Carriers the first to GO are the expats!! consider yourself lucky to still have a job.
F/O 8th year: GBP 61.627

Aren't you an expat when flying Quantas, New Zealand, Lufthansa, Emirates?
So the question is just who goes first.
But in the meantime let's all be lucky that we still have a job - regardless of our passports.
(Side question: How did you get your US passport - lottery or something similar, as your posts don't indicate you had an US passport initially - maybe French ?)

Au revoir
Wrong language assumed !
Any problems with the French at all ? As the name for the French Fries has been changed already to Freedom Fries - let's change the (2 AABO) French pilots as well to Freedom pilots !

Some more facts & comments:

1. There are only around 20 Europeans at AABO, the rest is from elsewhere in the world - including US. So spread your hate accordingly.

2. A basic and simple question:
Would you please explain why ONLY a US pilot should have the right to fly for resp. under the callsign Quantas, New Zealand, Lufthansa, Emirates etc. , taking away pilot jobs in Australia, New Zealand, Germany, UAE and several other countries ?
I'll give you a hint: ACMI - and that's where you and we all at Atlas are in - is like a good whore house: international girls - international customers - no moral - cash only.
So you (and others) should come up with a wrong moral under these circumstances.

3. Why don't you reply to any of my questions in the same posting - I try again:

Question 1:
Where are your comments about GSS and your demand that GSS must go?
- They operate 3 x 400’s, soon 3 more -8's, all owned by Atlas, operated by European pilots only.
- This would/could be 60 less furloughs at Atlas.
- And they even operate into the US!

Question 2:
Why don’t you complain that there are no furloughs/downgrades at Polar, as there are several junior to AABO and should/will be merged with Atlas (soon)?

Question 3:
No other solution/discussion regarding the furloughs than bashing on AABO ?
- What’s about a proposal from the Union or anybody else for a solution to minimize the furloughs or one which would not require them at all, such as everybody works 80%?