PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Highland Flying School in Administration?
Old 22nd Mar 2009, 13:37
s.daedalus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm extremely saddened to see the school close doors and am certain that there are others besides myself who wish to extend a warm thank you to both Pete and Maggie for their efforts over the years. We have lost an excellent school, one which has aided many a student on their way to achieving their dream - be it flying commercially or just an occasional jolly in the sky. Their steady work, advice and sound assistance to hundreds of pilot's and enthusiasts over the years is something I hope not to see forgotten by those understandably considering the hit to their 'back pocket'.

If I may, I'd like to clarify the current situation at the HFS:

What's happened?
The decision to 'shut up shop' is not one the school have seemingly taken lightly. Facing ill health and rising political tension the club closed doors on Thursday March 19th. The school diligently explored all possible avenues, including the sale of the business to other established training organisations, prior to making a decision that no-one wanted to see.

What's happening now?
The club is no longer operating. An accountant (administrator) will be on-site from Monday March 22nd in order to reconcile the school's accounts. All creditors (those who have hours or money owed for goods or services not received) will be notified in writing in due course.

How likely am I to get my money back?
Extremely. As mentioned in previous posts, if you have money on account and the transaction was made by Credit card you will be able to raise a dispute directly with the credit provider. The process is painless and surprisingly free of 'red-tape' and I am told that, in most cases, the matter is resolved within 28 days.

If you didn't pay by Credit card it is noteworthy to mention that the school are in excellent shape to repay this value in full. The club own 6 aircraft out-right and there is no question of any finance agreement outstanding on any of their fleet.

In short...
Aircraft and other remaining assets of value are will be sold, the proceeds transferred to a client account from which the Administrator can the distribute to creditors. The school would seemingly be able repay all outstanding monies even if only 1/3 of their aircraft were sold.

And finally...
My very best to all who have had the pleasure of crossing paths with the HFS, it's staff and customers, past and present.

Kind regards,
S.Daedalus