PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK407 Tailstrike @ ML
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2009, 11:07
Jofm5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reality check !

Lets start looking at reality - rather than quoting verbatim this and that regulations.

Yes I am not a person that sits in the pointy end and yes you can pick apart my credentials to comment - I give that as an accepted.

But to have a go at said crew for following instructions to vacate is just wrong. They are instructions they followed, however strange and whatever rules have been broken they have followed instruction from the company. Neither you or I know if they contested those instructions stating blah blah legislation so lets drop that now.

PJ2: You might as well give up now - you are giving good information which seems to be ignored by those that want to focus on the small print of law.

Here is the reality check.

Regardless of who is to blame we need to learn what has happened and why. If it is a screw up then let us prevent it happening again. Over running a runway is not a trivial matter and I would bet what little I have in those in the pointy end not doing so intentionly, as a passenger I like to think those in control have the same value of life as I do.

So taking that into account, lets look at the aircraft performance, it seemed to underpeform for a reason. Let us understand this reason and learn from it,

Lets get rid of the culture of "the guys screwed up" before the facts are known and try thinking about what if it was you in the same situation with the circumstances prevailing.

It could very well be they screwed up - but I dont like to think anyone in that position of responsibilty has a death wish - so how they managed the situation is what we need to learn about along with how the situation arose.