PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Highland Flying School in Administration?
Old 22nd Mar 2009, 10:21
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those thinking of still training up in inverness I wouldn't write it off just yet.

James the new CFI is a good lad and good instructor and by some of the texts flying around with some of the ex highland school instructors the pool of instructors may be quite sizeable. And the experience base will be quite impressive. And there is at least one ex-examiner is going to get his ticket back.

There were quite a few of us who would have continued instructing in our spare time if it hadn't been for the politics with maggie. I wouldn't be surprised if various people come out of the woodwork again who had been made to avoid the place. I am sure the fat controller could be bribed into running his ground school again.

And on a personal note I don't think Pete planned any of this he is just not that sort of person. He got caught out with the situation (which has been brewing for years) that developed before xmas and let emotion over ride business sense. To be honest I would imagine most schools are only in business month to month in a state of nearly going into administration it could have happen to the majority of schools in the country if the trial flight market dried up.

And as a note

EGPE 220920Z 26023KT 9999 FEW026 BKN038 10/05 Q1022

I bet its cracking flying up there today wouldn't be surprised if you could see Wick from the training area.