PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK407 Tailstrike @ ML
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2009, 07:09
SIUYA

Received 81 Likes on 25 Posts
Fromagio......

Fortunately, it was an incident and not an accident with no-one hurt.
You probably need to revise your ideas about the difference between accident and incident, because if the photos and description of the damage sustained are correct, then this was very much an accident and not just an incident.

ICAO Annex 13:-

Accident. An occurrence associated with the operation of an aircraft which takes place between the time any person boards the aircraft with the intention of flight until such time as all such persons have disembarked, in which ... the aircraft sustains damage or structural failure which ...would normally require major repair or replacement of the affected component, except for engine failure or damage, when the damage is limited to the engine, its cowlings or accessories; or for damage limited to propellers, wing tips, antennas, tires, brakes, fairings, small dents or puncture holes in the aircraft skin.

I may be wrong, but the way that I'm seeing it, those holes in the underside of the fuselage certainly appear to be more than just puncture holes!

Last edited by SIUYA; 22nd Mar 2009 at 07:12. Reason: Mensaboy........you beat me to it while I was typing my reply to Fromagio!