PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Bulldog XX546 ULAS
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2009, 20:26
BEagle

Received 271 Likes on 110 Posts
hippocrates, it couldn't have been Abingdon as we flew the aircraft out to Benson on 2Friday 6 June 1992, when we sadly left to set up shop at Benson...

I see that on Friday 10 July 1992 that I did only 3 trips in XX546 / #03. GH with Jez H****s first thing, Circuit consol. with Off Cdt (P) K*****w next, then PFLs with Off Cdt (P) S******d in the afternoon. After which you lot most likely repaired to the mess for a bitter lemon or two.... Or perhaps something slightly stronger?

Yes, they were the good old days. But Summer Camps down at St.Mawgan were even more fun.

Gone, all gone now. The RAF can't afford UAS Summer Camps and in any case, there isn't any room at the few RAF aerodromes which are still in existence.

When I was at ULAS as a student, we flew from RAF White Waltham and had Summer Camps at RAF Thorney Island, RAF Marham, RAF Newton and RAF Abingdon; our maintenance was done at RAF West Malling. At Thorney Island we flew circuits at RAF Tangmere and at Marham we did them at RAF Watton.

Of that lot, only Marham is still a military aerodrome....

We had joy
We had fun

We had seasons in the sun;
But the wine and the song
Like the seasons have all gone...........

Glad that you have the same fond memories of 546 as I do!

Last edited by BEagle; 22nd Mar 2009 at 06:56.