PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK407 Tailstrike @ ML
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2009, 17:33
woodja51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tail issues

So far the best post on this link is that of CANADAIR - who doesnt even work for EK. He seems to have a big picture approach to this case.

We are all only as good as out last flight .. I have 5000 hours on the 330/345 and can understand why errors can be made from a pilots perspective that might lead to this event/similar

The jet is not fool proof as AB would have us believe.

Neither is the 777 that I fly now and there have been several cases of 'almost's' with that jet too.

I know at least one of the guys on the incident jet, and cannot be lead to believe that any errors would have been made without mitigating factors - as there always are.

What ever the events that occurred the other night, be it incorrect FM inputs, overzealous side stick input, environmental or load shift. All are possible causes. Lets wait and see what the prelim gives.

I do find it odd that the crew were evac'd before making a statement to CASA/ BASI or who ever else is responsible. However, I guess the fact is that no other party was involved or injured therefore - like in a car crash if no injuries , death or other issues , this is not a crime scene and merely an incident.

However it does reflect badly on EK to 'spirit' the crew away, However , after an incident letting them be interviewed might not be in anyones interest and prejudicial to fair play given the legal vultures that inhabit the universe.

The folks were very lucky if the aircraft managed to cut up the overrun/LLZ etc as with the better part of 100 000 kg of Jet A on board any tank rupture may have been a different outcome.

As always pilots are their own worse critics ( unlike the medical profession!)

Regardless of what the cause is determined to be , the guys flying that day are probably wishing that this event didnt cause almost '600' to be viewing the post as we speak.

Good on them for a glass half full not half empty - regardless of the initial cause.
Probably wont make the transition back to the roster any easier!!

EK' s 'find him and kill him approach' used to work at 33 SQN but not in the real world I suspect!
woodj