PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK407 Tailstrike @ ML
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2009, 15:43
Ron & Edna Johns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're kidding - these guys were loaded onto another jet and got the hell out of Aus before speaking with safety authorities?? I hope that's incorrect.....

At fault or not at fault, you DON'T do that! Whether you like it or not, you actually do have this little thing called "responsibility": to present some basic information on what happened. I'm not saying you should be locked up or detained, or have passports confiscated. But some basic questions have to be answered. Goodness me, can you imagine a truck driver fleeing the scene of a road accident or a ship's Captain hightailing after a marine collision? Totally unacceptable - so why should we, as professional airmen, be any different? All it does is make your actions look more suspicious.

It's evidence of a very immature airline, I'm afraid - one that doesn't really know how to handle the situation, one that doesn't know how to support the crew whilst abroad while at the same time respecting the laws and authorities of the applicable country.

Last edited by Ron & Edna Johns; 21st Mar 2009 at 16:08.